I recently took a dive into smart phones with an Apple iPhone 8gb model.
Why I bought one:
- It has a large view screen, compared to the competition.
- My old MP3 player was starting to crap out (technical term).
- A full web-browser, even if it is Safari. (I prefer Firefox).
- It can connect to WiFi.
- It looks cool.
Things I wish it had (the early list):
- G3 capabilities
- A SD or Compact Flash card slot
- 3. Ability to replace the battery
- A better user/getting started guide in the box
- Ability to drag & drop files from Window's Explorer -- that is unchain it from iTunes.
- Connecting to my WiFi -- I will blog on this soon, hopefully it will help someone else out.
- Music "Synch" being set to "ON" by default instead of set to manually manage. When set to "synch" you cannot drag & drop music from iTunes to the iPhone
I've had the phone a week and once I got past my early issues, I have really enjoyed it.